Also included in
- Engage reluctant readers with a contemporary and relevant book using this Internment by Samira Ahmed Novel Unit Bundle! Internment is the perfect book to hook any young adult reader into discussing contemporary issues. Grab this no prep Internment Unit Bundle today and get into the deep discussions$27.17$33.96Save $6.79
Students will show their comprehension of the text. Students will write using standard, academic English.
Keep students accountable while reading Samira Ahmed's Internment--in-person OR online! These no prep worksheets will keep students on track and accountable for their reading whether they're in your classroom or at home.
The questions break up the novel into five sections. These questions are fairly surface level, without answers being explicitly word-for-word in the text, making them a great reading check before diving in deeper with your students.
These worksheets require NO PREP on your part, are black-and-white for easy printing, and come with an answer key for each page. These assignments can be used in class, as homework, and are easy enough for students to work on with a sub as well.
If need be, these could also be used in creating an independent novel study for a student. I've also included each worksheet as a Google document to assist in distance learning when necessary.
- 5 Sets of Reading Questions
- NON-EDITABLE PDF version
- EDITABLE Google Doc version
- Answer Key
The preview contains the entire PDF version. Be sure that this resource is right for you and your classroom before you buy. The Google Doc versions include the exact same questions in a simplified format.
- FREE Internment or Other Dystopia Anticipation Guide
- Internment Introductory Lesson
- Internment Quizzes
- Internment Reading Journal and Workbook
- Social Justice Leaflet Mini-Research Project
Need more Internment resources? Want to discuss the injustices of the novel? Check out my Social Justice Analysis Graphic Organizer.
***This resource includes PDFs and several Google documents within a Google Drive folder. You will need to grant TPT access to your Google account in order to access this purchase. Before purchasing, please review the preview to make sure this resource supports your and your students' needs. The whole PRINTABLE version of the resource, with the exception of answer keys, are included in the preview. Note that the Google versions contain the same content as the printable but may be formatted differently.