In this unit we explore composition and balance in images.
To do this we investigate:
• what is good composition in an image
• the techniques used to achieve effective composition
• visual weight
• forms of balance: symmetric, asymmetrical, radial and mosaic
• forms of symmetry: reflective, rotational, and translational
• photographic balance: color, tonal and conceptual balance
• the rule of thirds
• improving balance using cropping in Photoshop.
The concepts introduced will be for photographs, but they apply equally to any other visual medium – from painting to web pages.
This item is also available as part of the Into Graphics bundle.
Click on the link for more details.