This is a dynamic, high-interest, Common Core aligned unit plan for Into the Wild. This is my favorite non-fiction book, and I think my love for this story shines through in my work.
This Into the Wild unit comes with two options for use:
1. A flipbook that will keep ALL of their novel activities, notes, and evidence in one nicely organized location.
2. Regular handouts for each activity.
You will receive:
*A nine page (double-sided) interactive flipbook with activities
*Alternative, regular handouts with the same dynamic activities
* Engaging activities for EACH chapter that are designed to break up the monotony of long chapters by engaging students within the text
* An editable 30 question multiple choice unit test with challenging, evidence-based questions (comes with answer key)
*An editable unit plan with detailed plans for each day and answer keys to activities
Here is a glimpse at what some of the activities include:
*Technical writing opportunity through an Incident Report
*Interactive sticky note Revealing Character activity
* Tiny House Transcendentalists Comparison and project-based learning option
See this single lesson which is INCLUDED in this unit here:
Tiny House Transcendentalists Project-Based Learning
* Belt Symbolism Activity
* Argumentative View Point Activity
* Informational Texts with relative questions
* McCandless Self-portrait Analysis
* Role, Audience, Format, and Topic Project Option
* Vocabulary in Context, Denotation, and Connotation Word Work
*Socratic Seminar and Accountable Talk Opportunities
* Song Lyric Theme Comparison
* Irony in Cartoon Activity
* Close Reading
*Interdisciplinary Science Investigation Activity
*Interdisciplinary Geography Activity
*Essay Help and Revision Guide
Depending on how much homework you assign, this unit will take 3-4 weeks to complete.
Please download the preview for an overview of this unit!