Hello all! Here is an introductory unit with pretty much everything you need to start a ukulele class from scratch! I have used this materials with kiddos in PreK Through College! I would say that the sweet spot grade-wise, would be 3-7.
In the zip file you will find:
-A Powerpoint with introductions, Common Core State Standards, Arts Standards, Pre assessments, summative and formative assessments, peer-to-peer assessments, as well as 10 sequential lessons that teach how to hold the ukulele correctly and how to play 1 note chords, 2 note chords and 3 note chords.
- 10 Lesson Plans timed (to the minute!) for how to disseminate the information. CCSL and Arts Standards ties as well as extensions and differentiations.
- A Ukulele Strumming Powerpoint wit lessons and exericzes on how to get your students playing simple and not to simple; syncopated strumming patterns.
- 3 different Assessments that you can use to collect hard data.
- A Powerpoint guide for how to color code your ukuleles for visual supports for your students. It is super fun and effective!
-Different handouts to print and laminate (if you want!) to have your students practice muscle memory for chord identification without a ukulele.
- A full curriculum plan, unit plan, in visual form.
- A visual/ non traditional way to teach rhythmic notation based on syllables.
- A Collection of 10 songs to play with your students!