I do this activity with a Modified (Special Needs) grade 8 class, but it could work for a younger grade...
Categorizing Information about Africa
1) Put Students into groups of 3 or 4 students.
2) Have students cut the facts into strips.
3) Have students categorize facts in three sections
(People, Places, Animals, Extras)
4) Students will then glue them onto the labeled sections in an order that they think makes sense (students should try to justify the order to each other)
5) Teacher will supervise the conversation
6) Have students present one section each.