Intro to Astronomy Career Exploration STEM Challenge (distance learning)
- Internet Activities
Also included in
- Explore STEM careers through this collection of 28 fun, self-paced Google Slides STEM Challenges! Upper middle and early high school students will explore a wide variety of digital media to explore STEM careers, create hands-on projects, and connect with additional resources to fuel their passions -Price $165.78Original Price $216.72Save $50.94
- Explore STEM careers that are out of this world with this Space Career Exploration Bundle! A must have resource for any space related elective, or any teacher who has students interested in space. The Space Career Exploration Bundle includes a mix of in person and distance learning resources:1. AeroPrice $40.66Original Price $45.18Save $4.52
If you know a student who loves stargazing and is fascinated by space, this is the digital space career exploration mini course for them! This Astronomer STEM Career Exploration Challenge is a self-guided distance learning career exploration mini course for teens to learn what an astronomer does, test drive the career through fun online activities, and practice skills needed by astronomers. Delivered in interactive GoogleSlides and PDF formats, including:
1. online astronomer career exploration resources including virtual job shadow YouTube video, career information sheet in English and Spanish, and career focused 'test drive' activity
2. short quiz with answer key
3. How to Use a Telescope Guide with interactive online resources
4. Virtual Telescope Tour with make a telescope trip postcard activity (2 google slides)
5. SkyView GoogleSlides Scavenger Hunt (12 google slides) [Note: Requires use of free SkyView app for best experience, but can be done without]
6. Astronomy in Action Challenge with student friendly step by step directions
Here's a glimpse of this space challenge:
"Imagine you have graduated college and became an astronomer. Your school hears about your exciting new career, and has hired you to create Astronomy in Action Cards for students in the space afterschool program...."
7. project rubric (1 page googledoc)
8. links to additional resources to explore careers in astronomy
This Challenge is provided as one cohesive Google Slides and PDF document with embedded links to corresponding online activities for easy uploading and sharing in your online classroom! All activities are designed to be completed independently using only simple materials and online resources, taking at least 3 hours for students to complete - a fun distance learning activity!
Directly aligned with NGSS MS-ESS1-3, supports TEKS.SCI.6.11.A, TEKS.SCI.6.11.C, TEKS.SCI.7.4.A, TEKS.SCI.7.9.B, and TEKS.SCI.8.4.A.
More Space STEM Career Exploration Resources
- NASA + STEM Careers Webquest - FREE!
- Aerospace Engineer Lesson Plan
- Intro to Aerospace Engineering Challenge
- Asteroid Miner Lesson Plan
- Physics STEM Challenge
- Rocket Science STEM Challenge
- Make Your Own Planet Elementary STEM Project
- Amazing Space Discoveries & STEM Careers googleslide
- Astronaut STEM Challenge
- Space Careers Poster
- and many more space STEM activities!
Want valuable download & go resources to help you effortlessly integrate STEM career exploration? Then get a copy of my FREE Quick Start STEM Career Exploration Kit!