Also included in
- Explore careers in the booming medical and healthcare industries with these eleven hands-on resources aligned with the NGSS! Career exploration posters, lesson plans, webquests, and more to help you seamlessly integrate medical career exploration and STEM into your biology or medical elective class.$64.99$73.92Save $8.93
- One and DONE! This Middle School STEM Career Exploration Activities Mega Bundle spans a year's worth of fun, prep-free STEM career exploration activities ideal for students grades 6 to 10.Careers in science, technology, engineering, and math are lucrative and in high demand. Give your students the$654.99$689.30Save $34.31
- Explore STEM careers through this collection of 25 fun, self-paced Google Slides STEM Challenges! Middle and early high school students will explore a wide variety of digital media to explore STEM careers, create hands-on projects, and connect with additional resources to fuel their passions - a goo$239.99$253.75Save $13.76
Cardiology is a specialized medical career offering excellent options at all education levels. In this Intro to Cardiology Careers & Social Media Project, students will explore a day in the life of cardiology professionals, understand what the career field entails, and test drive careers in cardiology through a wide variety of online and inquiry-based activities. This STEM Challenge concludes with a social media project where students take on the role of an acclaimed cardiologist. Consulting for the American Heart Association, students are tasked with planning a social media campaign to raise awareness on the science behind a heart related issue.
Delivered in interactive Google Slides and PDF formats including:
1. interactive online cardiology career exploration resources (virtual job shadow video, downloadable info sheet in English and Spanish, and fun career focused activity)
2. short quiz with answer key and analysis question
3. What is cardiology reading and reflection question
4. career pathways in cardiology diagram and reflection question
5. cardiology careers 'who am I?' game; 7 googleslides with answer key
6. printable Qualities of a Cardiologist infographic/poster
7. Cardiology Social Media Challenge project description and student-friendly directions
8. Social Media Challenge rubric (1 page googledoc)
9. links to additional online resources to explore careers in cardiology
This Challenge is provided as one cohesive Google Slides and PDF document with embedded links to corresponding online activities for easy uploading and sharing in your online classroom! All activities are designed to be completed independently, taking at least 3 hours for students to complete - a fun distance learning activity!
The included social media project is perfect for a project based assessment aligned with CCSS.RST.6-8.9, CCSS.RST.9-10.1, also supports NGSS MS-LS3-1 and TEKS.SCI.7.3.B, TEKS.SCI.8.3.A, TEKS.SCI.6.3.D, TEKS.SCI.7.12.B.
You might also like...