Complete with Powerpoint, handouts, lesson plan, a mini-lab and hands-on activity! This lesson introduces students to catalysts- what they are, how they work, and why they are important in our world.
What is included
- Powerpoint-18 lesson slides
- PDF of lesson slides
- Handout for student notes- 3 pages
---- Hands-on puzzle activity as an analogy for catalysis
---- Mini-lab/ Predict, Observe, Explain
- Detailed lesson plan- 5 pages + 2 pages for thank you
At the end of the lesson, students will be able to
1) Explain how catalysts may be useful in industrial processes and contribute to environmental sustainability
2)Describe the role of catalysts in a reaction
3) Explain how catalysts control reaction rates using potential energy diagrams and collision theory
*Lesson from the Kinetics (Energy Changes and Rates of Reactions) strand.
The lesson Powerpoint is included as both a Powerpoint and PDF File.
All other materials are PDF files.
I hope you and your students enjoy this lesson as much as I did! Chemical kinetics and catalysis is one of my favourite topics to teach! If you have any questions about this product, please feel free to contact me! :)
Find me on
© In School Pour Toujours