Also included in
- Use this 3 worksheet bundle to help your students learn the difference in cations and anions. Two of the worksheets are to help students learn cations and anions, and 3 worksheets focus on helping students learn the charges associated with those ions. All of these worksheets are coloring worksheets$5.40$6.00Save $0.60
- Use this bundle of my top selling coloring sheets for your chemistry classroom. These 9 worksheets teach so much and the students enjoy them too. After they color them, these sheets make excellent reference sheets for the students to keep in their notebooks. The cation and anion worksheet is differe$8.55$9.50Save $0.95
- This bundle will give you the perfect start for this year!There is a color and label page that will teach your students the difference in cations and anions. From there they will move on to a step by step worksheet that will walk them through simple and difficult molar mass calculations. After that$13.50$15.00Save $1.50
- This bundle included all of my worksheets I have on learning cations, anions, and polyatomic ions. It also includes an ionic covalent worksheet, and a learning balancing chemical charges when beginning to write chemical formulas worksheet.This bundle will really help your students move through learn$12.00$14.75Save $2.75
- All my chemistry resources.In this bundle I have all of my color and learn, step by step, and digital learning resources.I did NOT include the doodle notes line (I did include a sample packet for you) or the teaching notes line.If you ever have questions please message me on TpT, email me at coscine$107.06$118.95Save $11.89
- Are you looking for simple chemistry resources? An activity that creates a wow effect because it is so easy to use, but gets a big point across? You don't have time for complicated worksheets right now.What's Included?Intro to Cations and AnionsIntro to Ionic and Covalent CompoundsIntro to Lewis Dot$10.00$12.50Save $2.50
***NOW DIGITAL*** Are you looking for a no prep, easy to use, nearly self grading worksheet for learning cations and anions? You are in the right place! When students use this worksheet they have a solid foundation for learning to write chemical compounds and formulas.
Benefits & Features
- It is a known fact that color coding increases memory and retention, so by color coding your students will retain the difference in cations and anions which is essential to concepts that follow.
- There are two versions of this worksheet, one that is just coloring and a second version that tells students to add in the charge, such as 1+ for Na. This makes differentiation possible!
- Not only does this cover cations and anions, but it includes polyatomic ions. This is a huge benefit to your students because when they start to write chemical compounds, they need to understand that the WHOLE polyatomic ion is an anion.
***Did your chemistry class go to distance learning? I created a TpT Digital Activity using this worksheet that is all ready to go for you. I've already typed the instructions and added the answer boxes to save you time. Of course, you can editor completely change the way I've written the instructions. How cool is that? Assign it via Google classroom. See the how to video here.***
In my class, I start students off with a black and white periodic table and they color code it for cations and anions. Then, they use this worksheet to get familiar with the cations and anions and their charges. I really focus on charges because that is where students get lost in writing chemical formulas and this worksheet makes sure students know their charges.
This worksheet was created using color memory association since the words cation and anion sound the same, but the worksheet uses blue and yellow to differentiate them.
This is self-explanatory enough for homeschool use-just add a periodic table.
This worksheet fits in with several others in this product line. You can read more about it here.
Connect With Me Online!
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Teachers Pay Teachers_CoScine
Follow me on my blog CoScine Creative
Follow me on Instagram
Other Awesome Products!
Cation & Anion Topics
Other Chemistry Topics You'd Like
Earn More Points for FREE Worksheets by Reviewing This Product
I Love Hearing Your Feedback
• Please take a moment to provide feedback on my work. I work hard to make sure my products and resources are useful to you and your students. Positive comments, constructive comments, and "I'd like to see her add a ______ to this worksheet" all help me design worksheets, handouts, and other classroom resources that solve your classroom needs. Plus, it earns you points to use as a discount!
Be the first to know about my sales, freebies, and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. After that, you will receive email updates about the new things I’m making to help you and your students.
• Join my email list for freebies and new ideas on teaching topics in chemistry and math in a very fun way!