Welcome to the PerfettoWritingRoom© “Introduce Characterization! Glossary, Activities & Core Standards for Grades 6-12"
This handy resource is a specialized glossary with activities and assessments for your Middle through Secondary classroom, and will help you fulfill all your characterization preparation, overview, study, analysis or writing needs.
Use this short 5 day unit as YOU see fit, and incorporate into your English, Literature, Language Arts or Creative Writing Class.
Wonderfully in-depth, glossary terms include:
• Direct characterization
• Indirect characterization
• Round character
• Flat character
• Show Don’t Tell (and what that really means)
• And more!
Do student confuse direct and indirect, flat and static, or others? Did you know that there are up to EIGHT
ways to indirectly characterize? You’ll be surprised what you’ll find out – a veritable treasure trove of sophisticated information.
PLUS, you also receive
• An Introductory Pre-Knowledge activity, a show-what-you know “Characterization Run-Around” activity, with KEY, of course!
Get those students moving, then do a great whole group review.
• And not one, BUT THREE ASSESSMENTS, in order of ascending difficulty. TWO of these are SCANTRON FRIENDLY, the last of which is short answer.
• Answer Keys, and CUMULATIVE ANSWER Keys (make them into quizzes, or one large assessment if YOU prefer).
• Introduction Page for you, complete with applicable Standards.
1. Characterization Run Around - Activity 1: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.L.6 Acquire and use accurately a range of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases sufficient for reading, writing, speaking, and listening at the college and career readiness level; demonstrate independence in gathering vocabulary knowledge when encountering an unknown term important to comprehension or expression.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.SL.1 Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
2. Character Master Definition Sheets and Assessments - CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.L.6 Acquire and use accurately a range of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases sufficient for reading, writing, speaking, and listening at the college and career readiness level; demonstrate independence in gathering vocabulary knowledge when encountering an unknown term important to comprehension or expression.
***Please note that this item that you are viewing, "Characterization Glossary" is ONE PART of a larger 82-page product that is also for sale in the PerfettoWritingRoom(c) Catalog, called the “THE Characterization Master Course.”
This item, the “Characterization Glossary” is being sold separately in order to give teachers and writers greater purchasing and planning flexibility. This and other “a la carte products” are available for this reason. We hope you agree it is a fantastic option for you and your classroom.
For other “a la carte items” that are clearly labelled as such visit our store: The PerfettoWritingRoom Store
To see the entire full length, 82-page item, stop by for a visit or simply click on this link: THE Characterization Master Course