Intro to Cybersecurity Careers STEM Challenge (computer science project)
- Internet Activities
Also included in
- Explore STEM careers through this collection of 28 fun, self-paced Google Slides STEM Challenges! Upper middle and early high school students will explore a wide variety of digital media to explore STEM careers, create hands-on projects, and connect with additional resources to fuel their passions -Price $195.04Original Price $216.72Save $21.68
Each day over 2,000 cyber crimes are committed - learn what it takes to become a cybersecurity specialist and stop cyber criminals in their tracks! This Intro to Cybersecurity Careers STEM Challenge is a self-guided, self-paced distance learning career exploration mini course for teens to explore careers in cybersecurity through fun, hands-on, real world activities and projects. Delivered in interactive Google Slides and PDF formats including:
1. 10 Types of cyber attacks analysis
2. Cybersecurity careers interactive online career exploration resources for cybersecurity analyst, IT specialist, digital forensic scientist, and computer hardware engineer (each with virtual job shadow YouTube video, career info sheet in English and Spanish, and hands on career exploration activity)
3. Cybersecurity connections in the real world activity, where students research and analyze a current cyber crime in the news
4. Simple quiz with answer key to check for understanding
5. Cracking the code activity where students learn about three types of ciphers and practice decoding them
6. Cybersecurity Incident Response Plan (CIRP) poster infographic (needed for the Challenge, plus as an added bonus print it out and use as a poster to decorate the walls of your classroom!)
7. Cybersecurity STEM Challenge: In this challenge students apply everything they learn, acting as a cybersecurity professional to create a Cybersecurity Incident Response Plan (CIRP). "You have been hired by a local business as a cybersecurity specialist after a slew of cyberattacks against the community. The business wants to be prepared for future attacks. Your first project is to write a Cybersecurity Incident Response Plan for the business!"
A step by step guide is provided to help students through the Challenge.
8. Project grading rubric (2 page googledoc)
9. Links to additional online resources to explore cybersecurity careers
This Challenge is provided as one cohesive Google Slides and PDF document with embedded links to corresponding online activities for easy uploading and sharing in your online classroom! All activities are designed to be completed independently using only simple materials and online resources, taking at least 3 hours for upper middle and early high school students to complete. Also great for GATE programs. A fun computer science career exploration project!
Supports NGSS MS-PS4-3 and NGSS HS-PS4-2.
More Computer Science STEM Career Exploration Resources:
- Computer Science Careers Webquest
- Hour of Code Lesson, Computer Science Poster, & Career Exploration Activity
- Intro to Robotics STEM Challenge
- Computer Science Bingo
- Drones Poster
- How to Become a YouTuber Challenge
- Intro to Robotics Game & Lesson
- and many more computer science career exploration activities!
Want valuable download & go resources to help you effortlessly integrate STEM career exploration? Then get a copy of my FREE Quick Start STEM Career Exploration Kit!