Intro to Ecology STEM Challenge & career exploration course (distance learning)
- Internet Activities
Also included in
- Explore STEM careers through this collection of 28 fun, self-paced Google Slides STEM Challenges! Upper middle and early high school students will explore a wide variety of digital media to explore STEM careers, create hands-on projects, and connect with additional resources to fuel their passions -Price $195.04Original Price $216.72Save $21.68
This Intro to Ecology STEM mini course is a must have for any students interested in the field of ecology. In this self-paced distance learning career exploration mini course, middle and high school students will take a deep dive on all things ecology - what it is, related careers, what it takes to succeed, educational path, and so much more! Delivered in interactive GoogleSlides and PDF formats including:
1. I Spy Ecology outdoor activity with printable data table
2. Defining ecology activity using digital egologist career exploration resources including virtual job shadow YouTube video, career information sheet in English and Spanish, and fun career focused activity
3. Ecology careers webquest with answer key (11 googleslides plus one page googledoc answer key)
4. Day in the Life of an ecologist activity
5. Becoming an Ecologist video, infographics (would also serve as lovely posters for your classroom!), and analysis questions
6. Simple quiz to check for understanding
7. Ecologist Restore a Species STEM Challenge with student friendly step by step directions
8. Project grading rubric (2 page googledoc)
9. Links to additional online resources to explore ecology and environmental science
This Challenge is provided as one cohesive Google Slides and PDF document with embedded links to corresponding online activities for easy uploading and sharing in your online classroom! All activities are designed to be completed independently using only simple materials and online resources, taking at least 4 hours for students to complete - a fun distance learning activity!
Directly aligned with NGSS MS-LS2-2, MS-LS2-2, TEKS.SCI.8.11.B, and TEKS.SCI.7.10.A.
More Environmental Career Exploration Activities!
- Intro to Wildlife Careers STEM Challenge
- Environmental Science and Sustainability Careers Webquest
- Fish and Game Warden Project
- Sustainability STEM Challenge
- Natural Hazards Lesson Plan
- Alternative Fuels Webquest
- Wildlife STEM Career Challenge
- Sustainability Methods Research Project
- Environmental Science Careers Webquest
- Environmental Science STEM Lessons and Career Exploration Bundle
- and many more environmental activities!
Want valuable download & go resources to help you effortlessly integrate STEM career exploration? Then get a copy of my FREE Quick Start STEM Career Exploration Kit!