Also included in
- From the beginning, economics has the potential to change students’ lives. Seriously. Introducing the way economists think, and the potential economics has for helping students understand the world around them blows my mind every year. I especially love the foundations of economics unit because it’s$30.00$33.50Save $3.50
- “Economics is the most valuable class of my high school career,” a student wrote to me last semester. Another student noted that “Your teaching strategy is easy to follow and makes everything easier to understand” while another commented that “I really appreciate that you assigned assignments where$118.00$132.50Save $14.50
- Are you teaching Economics for the first time and feeling way over your head? Have you taught it a few times, but feel like you're ready to take your lessons to the next level? This Semester Course Bundle is yours. If I had to sum up my teaching style and the way my units are structured, I would ref$130.00$163.00Save $33.00
Every semester, I am genuinely excited to introduce my students to the wondrous world of economics. I love the ah-ha moments as students start to take their observations of the world and our economy and make connections to how the real-world works. I want my students to be excited about economics, so this lesson is designed to directly apply the 7 principles of economics to students’ lives. With an engaging combination of content, creative activities, and application, students find this lesson relevant and interesting.
This lesson will teach your students all about what economics is and how to think like an economist using the 7 principles of economics. I use this as my first content lesson of the semester. Along with lecture notes, I've included engaging activities and critical thinking opportunities throughout the lesson.
The best part is that you can use this entire lesson for distance or digital learning! All resources (except the lesson plan) come in a printable PDF version AND a Google Slides version. Students just make a copy and they can use all the included resources!
This resource is also a part of this discounted bundle: Foundations & Fundamentals of Economics Unit Bundle
What to Expect:
- 1 Written Warm Up - Designed to Activate Prior Knowledge
- 1 Essential Question
- Engaging Lecture - Pattern of Content Slide then Activity Slide (PDF, MS PPT, Google Slides)
- Student Fill-In Notes for Lecture including Warm Up (PDF, Google Slides)
*PPT is editable; student notes are not
Want to see my style of lectures before you buy? Check out this freebie: Globalization Economics Lesson
I usually teach this lessons in one 50 minute period.
Note: all Google Drive versions (links) appear in the lesson plans of each individual lesson. As of right now, there is no way to copy a folder in Google so for right now you will need to open the lesson plan and make a copy of each digital resource using the provided links and instructions.
You might enjoy:
- Tragedy of the Commons & Command Economies Lesson
- Factors of Production Economics Lesson
- Production Possibilities Frontier Economics Lesson
- Economic Systems & the Zombie Apocalypse Economy!
- Market & Mixed Economies & the Wealth of Nations Economics Lesson
- Class set of included worksheets