Also included in
- One and DONE! This Middle School STEM Career Exploration Activities Mega Bundle spans a year's worth of fun, prep-free STEM career exploration activities ideal for students grades 6 to 10.Careers in science, technology, engineering, and math are lucrative and in high demand. Give your students thePrice $403.81Original Price $488.94Save $85.13
- Explore STEM careers through this collection of 29 fun, self-paced Google Slides STEM Challenges! Upper middle and early high school students will explore a wide variety of digital media to explore STEM careers, create hands-on projects, and connect with additional resources to fuel their passions -Price $195.04Original Price $216.71Save $21.67
If you have students who love a good mystery, this Intro to Forensics Career Exploration Challenge is just what you need! In this self-guided distance learning career exploration mini course teenage students will see a day in the life of diverse forensics professionals, understand what the career entails, practice skills needed to succeed as a forensic scientist, and test drive forensics careers through online and inquiry-based activities. Delivered in interactive GoogleSlides and PDF formats, including:
1. online forensics career exploration resources including virtual job shadow YouTube video, career information sheet in English and Spanish, and career 'test drive' activity
2. what is forensics video and day in the life video series with reflection question
3. printable Steps to Becoming a Forensic Scientist infographic (as a bonus print it out and display as a poster in your classroom!)
4. types of forensic scientists googleslide presentation with additional online career exploration resources also including even more virtual job shadow YouTube videos, career information sheets in English and Spanish, and career 'test drive' activities (11 slides)
5. short quiz with answer key
6. open-ended Fingerprint Forensics Investigation project with student-friendly step by step directions using simple materials (ex: tape, marker, ziploc bag)
7. project rubric (1 page googledoc)
8. links to additional online resources to explore careers in forensics
9. printable 'collect evidence / analyze evidence / report findings' flow chart poster (as a bonus print out this one as well for display in your classroom!)
This Challenge is provided as one cohesive Google Slides and PDF document with embedded links to corresponding online activities for easy uploading and sharing in your online classroom! It will take at least 3 hours for students to complete this Forensics Challenge independently - a fun distance learning activity!
Supports CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RST.6-8.3, CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RST.6-8.9, NGSS MS-LS2-2, and TEKS.SCI.8.2.A, TEKS.SCI.7.11.C, TEKS.SCI.6.4.A, TEKS.SCI.7.2.A.
More Medical and Forensics Career Exploration Resources
- Intro to Pathology Career Exploration Medical STEM Challenge
- Physician Scattergories
- Medical Careers Poster Set of 3
- Intro to Cardiology Careers & Social Media Project
- Intro to Genetics STEM Challenge
- Blunt Force Trauma CSI Lesson Plan
- Science Careers Webquest
- Gene Therapy Lesson & Roleplay
- Medical Careers Webquest
- and many more medical STEM activities!
Want valuable download & go resources to help you effortlessly integrate STEM career exploration? Then get a copy of my FREE Quick Start STEM Career Exploration Kit!