Intro to Genetics Career Exploration STEM Challenge (distance learning)
- Internet Activities
Also included in
- Explore careers in the booming medical and healthcare industries with these eleven hands-on resources aligned with the NGSS! Career exploration posters, lesson plans, webquests, and more to help you seamlessly integrate medical career exploration and STEM into your biology or medical elective class.Price $46.95Original Price $58.20Save $11.25
- Explore STEM careers through this collection of 28 fun, self-paced Google Slides STEM Challenges! Upper middle and early high school students will explore a wide variety of digital media to explore STEM careers, create hands-on projects, and connect with additional resources to fuel their passions -Price $195.04Original Price $216.72Save $21.68
Learn about careers in genetics, follow genotypes to make a superhero, and share your genetics discoveries with the world in this fun Intro to Genetics Career Exploration STEM Challenge! Delivered in interactive Google Slides and PDF activity including:
1. Interactive online geneticist career exploration resources (virtual job shadow YouTube video, career information sheet in English and Spanish, and fun career focused 'test drive' activity) with reflection questions
2. Short quiz with answer key
3. 'Make a superhero' intro to genetics activity (1 page linked GoogleDoc)
4. 'How to be a geneticist' infographic (as a bonus print it out and decorate the walls of your classroom!) with GoogleSlides mini research project (8 slides)
5. Fields of genetics infographic with 'who am I?' game; 7 googleslides (simple answer key included on last slide)
6. Printable Qualities of a Geneticist infographic with reflection question (print this one out too as a poster for your classroom!)
7. Genetics in the Headlines Challenge: In this Challenge students will use principles of genetics to share a 'superpowered' genetics discovery by creating a newspaper front page project. Includes project description, student-friendly directions with checklist, and link to optional newspaper front page googleslide template.
8. Genetics in the Headlines Challenge rubric (1 page googledoc)
9. Links to additional online resources to explore careers in genetics
This Challenge is provided as one cohesive Google Slides and PDF document with embedded links to corresponding online activities for easy uploading and sharing in your online classroom! All activities are designed to be completed independently, taking at least 3 hours for students to complete - a fun distance learning activity!
This Genetics STEM Challenge supports MS-LS3-1 and HS-LS3-1. Also supports TEKS.SCI.7.14.A & TEKS.SCI.7.14.C.
More Medical STEM Career Exploration Resources
- Medical Career Exploration STEM Activities Bundle
- Biomedical Engineering Lesson Plan
- Embryonic Similarities Ultrasound Technician Lesson
- Gene Therapy Lesson & Roleplay
- Intro to Cardiology Careers & Social Media Project
- Physician Scattergories
- Forensics 101 Challenge
- Medical Careers Webquest
- Blunt Force Trauma CSI Lesson Plan
- Intro to Pathology Career Exploration Medical STEM Challenge
- and many more medical STEM activities!
Want valuable download & go resources to help you effortlessly integrate STEM career exploration? Then get a copy of my FREE Quick Start STEM Career Exploration Kit!