Peek your student’s interest in South Asia with this engaging and thought-provoking lesson! The 5-E guided format introduces the region’s culture, geography, economy, and history with fun activities, intriguing facts, and captivating photos! Your classes will be hooked and ready to learn more about South Asia! Student-centered, high-interest activities make this an excellent way to begin your new unit!
- : “Memory Game- India” – Fun Hook Activity
- : Vocabulary, Notes, Background Information
- : “ESI: Economic Scene Investigator” – Photo Analysis Activity
- : South Asia Map Activity – Students analyze a variety of maps/charts to learn about the region TEACHER CHOICE: Instructions to make this independent work, collaborative group work, or a walk-around activity
- : Student Exit Ticket Handout – Big Idea Questions
- Sundarbans, Bay of Bengal, Bengal Tiger, Sari, Turban, Sikh, Hindi, Masala, Taj Mahal, Muslim, Islam, Standard of Living, Hinduism, Bollywood, Population Density, Colonization
- Guided 5-E PowerPoint Lesson
- Student Notes Handout
- Worksheet for Map Activity
- Map Poster Set - 8
- Exit Ticket
- Answer Keys
- Teacher Quick Reference Guide
Aligned with Social Studies Standards: CCSS, TEKS, ELPS, and NCSS grades 6-8
Click the link below to find more unique & fun lessons! Thank you!
Social Studies Stuff on TpT
Follow My Store!
- To follow my store simply click on “follow me” under Social Studies Stuff on the top of my store page. You will be the first to receive notifications when I post new products and have sales.