Also included in
- Use this worksheet to help students SEE how chemicals form ionic bonds and covalent bonds. They will go through and color all the metals, then the nonmetals, then the polyatomic ions. Based on the colors, the students will identify the bond type. Great for visual learners because this worksheet is b$3.00$3.75Save $0.75
- Use this bundle of my top selling coloring sheets for your chemistry classroom. These 9 worksheets teach so much and the students enjoy them too. After they color them, these sheets make excellent reference sheets for the students to keep in their notebooks. The cation and anion worksheet is differe$8.55$9.50Save $0.95
- This bundle will give you the perfect start for this year!There is a color and label page that will teach your students the difference in cations and anions. From there they will move on to a step by step worksheet that will walk them through simple and difficult molar mass calculations. After that$13.50$15.00Save $1.50
- This bundle included all of my worksheets I have on learning cations, anions, and polyatomic ions. It also includes an ionic covalent worksheet, and a learning balancing chemical charges when beginning to write chemical formulas worksheet.This bundle will really help your students move through learn$12.00$14.75Save $2.75
- All my chemistry resources.In this bundle I have all of my color and learn, step by step, and digital learning resources.I did NOT include the doodle notes line (I did include a sample packet for you) or the teaching notes line.If you ever have questions please message me on TpT, email me at coscine$107.06$118.95Save $11.89
- Are you looking for simple chemistry resources? An activity that creates a wow effect because it is so easy to use, but gets a big point across? You don't have time for complicated worksheets right now.What's Included?Intro to Cations and AnionsIntro to Ionic and Covalent CompoundsIntro to Lewis Dot$10.00$12.50Save $2.50
***NOW DIGITAL*** Use this worksheet to help students see how chemicals form ionic bonds and covalent bonds. They will color all the metals, then the nonmetals, then the polyatomic ions. Based on the colors, the students will identify the bond type. Great for visual learners because this worksheet is based on color memory association.
This ionic and covalent worksheet will provide a colorful reference sheet for students to really grasp the difference in ionic and covalent bonding.
Benefits & Features
- This worksheet won't allow your students jot down notes without thinking about it. They are forced to pay closer attention because they must color by the rules.
- You won't have to explain the rules over and over because this worksheet makes them COLOR CODED.
- Students will learn writing chemical formulas faster because they have started using my color coding worksheets which make building chemical concepts easier.
There is a lot a student needs to understand before they are able to write chemical formulas and learn naming ionic covalent chemicals. A student needs to understand that a cation comes before an anion, how metals and nonmetals bond, that a metal comes before a nonmetal, and then they must be able to balance the charges of the overall formula.
This worksheet helps them understand metals, nonmetals, and polyatomic ions before they can start writing formulas. Ionic bonding and covalent bonding just got a lot easier-and more visual learning friendly!
***Did your chemistry class go to distance learning? I created a TpT Digital Activity using this worksheet that is all ready to go for you. I've already typed the instructions and added the answer boxes to save you time. Of course, you can edit or completely change the way I've written the instructions. How cool is that? Assign it via Google classroom. See the how to video here.***
"A great visual way for students to connect ionic and covalent to metals and nonmetals, which was always one of the more difficult pieces of the content for my students."-Jaime A.
Earn More Points for FREE Worksheets by Reviewing This Product
I Love Hearing Your Feedback
• Please take a moment to provide feedback on my work. I work hard to make sure my products and resources are useful to you and your students. Positive comments, constructive comments, and "I'd like to see her add a ______ to this worksheet" all help me design worksheets, handouts, and other classroom resources that solve your classroom needs.
Be the first to know about my sales, freebies, and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. After that, you will receive email updates about the new things I’m making to help you and your students.
Connect With Me Online!
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Teachers Pay Teachers_CoScine
Follow me on my blog CoScine Creative
Follow me on Instagram
Other Awesome Worksheets
Learning the Difference in Ionic and Covalent Compounds 3494606 <-----Naming Practice Included