I use this lab at the beginning of every semester, in order to introduce students to how labs are performed, how to make observations, and how to write formal lab reports. I always have a blast running it (and students enjoy it, too!)
Paper clips, stop watches, and scissors separate!
This zip file includes:
- A student handout for lab report guidelines;
- A PDF file that contains many different paper helicopter templates;
- A lab overview, that places students as part of a design engineering team, tasked with making helicopters stay airborne for longer;
- A lab template, for students to fill in by hand to develop a hands-on feel to lab observations and reporting;
- A completed sample lab, that shows what is expected in lab reporting.