Why do we forget and how can we improve our ability to remember? With this lesson, students will not only learn why humans often forget, but they will also learn and apply memory improvement strategies that can be useful in their daily lives.
Throughout the lesson students will:
1) Participate in a Bell Ringer activity that prompts them to memorize a grocery list and attempt at the end of the class to write down that list from memory.
2) Read an article about the psychology and science behind forgetting and answer related questions.
3) Discuss an article about memory improvement strategies.
4) Apply various improving memory tips to recall long numbers and names of random people easier.
5) Attempt to remember and write down the grocery list at the beginning of class.
Bonus materials included!