Why do we conform and how does conformity impact our daily lives? In this lesson, students will have a blast learning about this psychological phenomenon and applying it to job interviews and becoming a member of the marines.
Throughout the lessons students will:
1) Respond to a bell ringer that asks them to consider what their clothing attire would look like at very different interview situations.
2) Read an article about conformity and answer essential questions derived from the article.
3) In small groups, analyze an online university interview tips packet and determine which examples of conformity are extreme and others that are easy to conform to.
4) Analyze a documentary about the marines and identify examples of conformity.
5) Finish with an exit ticket that asks them to explain why people conform.
Bonus conformity video clips included! Your students will have a good laugh with these particular ones!