Also included in
- One and DONE! This Middle School STEM Career Exploration Activities Mega Bundle spans a year's worth of fun, prep-free STEM career exploration activities ideal for students grades 6 to 10.Careers in science, technology, engineering, and math are lucrative and in high demand. Give your students the$403.81$488.94Save $85.13
- Explore STEM careers through this collection of 29 fun, self-paced Google Slides STEM Challenges! Upper middle and early high school students will explore a wide variety of digital media to explore STEM careers, create hands-on projects, and connect with additional resources to fuel their passions -$195.04$216.71Save $21.67
From cleaning our homes to assisting in complex surgeries, robots are an important and increasing part of our lives with related careers in high demand. This Intro to Robotics STEM Challenge is a self-guided distance learning mini career exploration course for teens to explore the field of robotics, understand the basics of how robots work, and test drive robotics careers through fun online activities. Delivered in interactive Google Slides and PDF formats including:
1. access to online robotics career exploration resources (including virtual job shadow YouTube video, career information sheet in English and Spanish, and career focused 'try it' activity)
2. Smart Machines infographic (as a bonus print this out as a poster and use it for the walls in your classroom! PDF, JPG, and PNG files included) [this printable is available individually here]
2. What are robots? analysis and career exploration questions
3. How Robots Work video with writing prompt
4. Robots for.... Mini Research Project (18 googleslides) with link to ONet STEM careers list for project research. In this mini research project students will discover how robots are used in many fields, from space to science and everywhere in between!
5. Robotics For the Future STEM Challenge with student friendly step by step directions and worksheets to scaffold students through the project: design your own robot to solve a problem that you care about!
6. project rubric (2 page googledoc)
7. links to additional resources to explore careers in robotics
This Challenge is provided as one cohesive Google Slides and PDF document with embedded links to corresponding online activities for easy uploading and sharing in your online classroom! All activities are designed to be completed independently using only simple materials and online resources, taking approximately 4 hours of total time for students to complete - a fun distance learning activity!
Directly aligned with NGSS MS-ETS1-3. Supports NGSS MS-PS4-3, TEKS.SCI.7.2.E, TEKS.SCI.6.2.E, and TEKS.SCI.8.2.E.
More Computer Science & Technology STEM Career Exploration Resources!
- Intro to Robotics Game & Lesson
- Intro to Artificial Intelligence (AI) Challenge
- Intro to Computer Science Lesson Bundle
- Careers in Technology Poster
- How to Become a YouTuber Challenge
- Biomedical Engineering Lesson Plan
- Engineering Mini Unit & Project Based Assessment: Water Pollution STEM Challenge
- and many more Computer Science & Technology STEM Career Exploration Resources!
Want valuable download & go resources to help you effortlessly integrate STEM career exploration? Then get a copy of my FREE Quick Start STEM Career Exploration Kit!