Products in this Bundle (10)
showing 1-5 of 10 products
Want to introduce STEM to your classroom? Here are 45 of our favorite that are low-cost and low-prep for any classroom! Activities are perfect as back to school icebreakers or games that introduce STEM while getting students moving, communicating, and working in teams!
**Includes distance learning icebreaker games and activities**
Before tasking students to complete rigorous engineering design challenges, educators should start with Stage 1 STEM activities. Click here to learn more about the Stages of STEM. Through a mix of team and individual activities, students will learn lessons in communication, problem-solving, innovation, hidden assumptions, and creativity that are central to the engineering process. Use as a warm-up, icebreaker, team building activity, or basic STEM and engineering design challenge! Also included are more in-depth critical thinking activities and STEM work games that are a great introduction to science and engineering concepts.
**GROWING Bundle: Save 20% off individual products**
- 24 STEM Quick Build Icebreakers: 24 STEM task cards for icebreaker building challenges to promote problem-solving and creativity.
- 24 Winter-themed STEM Quick Build Icebreakers
- 3 Newspaper STEM Challenges: These three newspaper challenges are meant to be completed in a sequence of increasingly more difficult activities. First, the students build a tower, then they create a tower that can hold weight, and finally, they are given a more creative challenge of designing and building a chair to hold a student.
- 5 Tower STEM Challenges: Towers are a great STEM activity to promote collaboration, teamwork, communication, and problem-solving. This challenge lays a critical foundation for more intensive STEM challenges.
- Intro to Coding STEM Communication Activity + Distance Learning Version: Code a partner with this space-themed communication challenge.
- 4 STEM Critical Thinking Activities: Students will explore the world around them asking questions with a scientific or engineering mindset.
- 5 Back to School STEM Teamwork Challenges: 5 team-building activities that set the foundation for the engineering design process.
- 2 STEM Words Distance Learning Games: A perfect icebreaker game for distance learning, use these editable STEM scavenger hunt Google slides during a live virtual class or the BINGO game for independent learning.
- Who is a scientist or engineer? Help students break down the stereotypes around STEM careers by showing them that anyone, including them, can be an engineer or scientist!
Looking for more STEM lessons? Find the Vivify resource guide here: bit.ly/VivifyResourceGuide
About STEM Challenges: Click here to learn more about the 3 Stages of STEM. STEM challenges are an engaging way to incorporate the engineering design process into your classroom or afterschool program! These hands-on activities allow students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own devices.
• Click the Green ★ to follow our store and get notifications of new products and freebies
• Leave feedback to receive TpT credit for use on future purchases
• Questions? Contact us in the Product Q&A section
♥ Connect With Us ♥