This pdf file contains a two-page guided notes outline (with both a student copy to fill in and a teacher key that is already filled in) and a one-page assignment over the content of the notes (answer key included).
The notes and assignment cover the following ideas:
- What is scientific notation?
- Why is it used?
- Proper format for writing numbers in scientific notation
- Writing standard notation numbers in scientific notation
- Writing scientific notation numbers in standard notation
- Error analysis/recognizing errors when numbers are incorrectly written in scientific notation
**This lesson can also be found in the following bundles (Copy & Paste links below):
> Real Numbers Unit Bundle - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Real-Numbers-Unit-Bundle-Notes-Homework-Quizzes-Study-Guide-Test-3026527
> Pre-Algebra Full Curriculum - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pre-Algebra-Full-Curriculum-Growing-Bundle-2962272