A fully resourced unit that serves as an introduction to waves.
Originally developed for a 9th grade class, this unit would be easily adapted for a middle or high school class. The zip file contains 10 lessons with printable resources, PowerPoints and everything else needed to deliver the unit. Also included are two quizzes and an end of unit test with all answer keys.
Lessons within this unit:
- The Nature of Waves
- Sound Waves
- Reflection and Refraction
- Wave Tank Lab
- The Electromagnetic Spectrum
- Radio, Microwaves, Infrared and Visible Light
- Investigating IR Lab
- Radio and Satellite Communication
- UV, X-Rays and Gamma Rays
- Review lesson
For those in the UK, this would be AQA Trilogy Unit 6.6 Waves.