Also included in
- A must-have for any animal science, life sciences, or biology teacher! This Careers With Animals bundle includes everything you need to incorporate animal-related STEM careers and fun activities in your classroom. The Careers With Animals Life Science Bundle includes a mix of in-person and distance$35.14$38.96Save $3.82
- One and DONE! This Middle School STEM Career Exploration Activities Mega Bundle spans a year's worth of fun, prep-free STEM career exploration activities ideal for students grades 6 to 10.Careers in science, technology, engineering, and math are lucrative and in high demand. Give your students the$403.81$488.94Save $85.13
- Explore STEM careers through this collection of 29 fun, self-paced Google Slides STEM Challenges! Upper middle and early high school students will explore a wide variety of digital media to explore STEM careers, create hands-on projects, and connect with additional resources to fuel their passions -$195.04$216.71Save $21.67
If you have a student who loves animals, this mini course is for them! This Wildlife Careers STEM Challenge is a self-guided distance learning career exploration mini course for teens to explore careers related to wildlife through hands-on online activities and offline projects designed to help them build skills needed to succeed in a career with animals and wildlife. Delivered in interactive Google Slides and PDF formats including:
1. Wonderful world of wildlife outdoor biodiversity survey with printable data table
2. Online wildlife career exploration resources for fish & game warden, wildlife conservationist, zoologist, and nonprofit director each with virtual job shadow YouTube video, career information sheet in English and Spanish, and career focused 'test drive' activity
3. Simple quiz to check for understanding
4. How to safely respond to wildlife emergencies: infographic and 11 slide googleslide presentation including 2 custom created instructional videos made specifically for this mini course
5. Wildlife STEM Challenge with student friendly directions. Here's a glimpse of what this Challenge is about:
"You have been hired by a local wildlife rescue organization to provide training to their volunteers. The focus of this training is 'How to Safely Respond to Wildlife Emergencies'".....
6. Project grading rubric (2 page googledoc)
7. Links to additional resources to explore wildlife careers
This Challenge is provided as one cohesive Google Slides and PDF document with embedded links to corresponding online activities for easy uploading and sharing in your online classroom! All activities are designed to be completed independently using only simple materials and online resources, taking at least 3 hours for students to complete - a fun distance learning activity!
Supports NGSS MS-LS2-5, TEKS.SCI.6.12.E, TEKS.SCI.7.10.B, and TEKS.SCI.7.10.A.
More Biology and Animal Career Exploration Resources!
- Intro to Ecology STEM Challenge
- Animal Behaviors Lesson
- Careers With Animals Bundle
- Animal Industry Careers WebQuest
- Fish and Game Warden Game and Project
- Bizarre Animal Science Lesson Plan
- Insect Anatomy Diagram and Worksheet
- Animal Careers Poster Set of 3
- Animal Vocalization Lesson
- and many more biology and animal related STEM activities!
Want valuable download & go resources to help you effortlessly integrate STEM career exploration? Then get a copy of my FREE Quick Start STEM Career Exploration Kit!