55 pages of Winter-themed Place Value fun! This is a perfect pack for introducing place value, expanded form, base ten, and regrouping. Move through the pack as quickly or slowly as you like. I use it as my mini-lessons for about 3-4 days and I refer to parts of the product throughout my entire unit. There are 7 student response pages for students to record their answers and thinking as you move through the mini lessons. The winter theme is perfect around the Christmas holiday.
THIS PACK HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO:
- Making ten (1.NBT.2),
- Introduce base ten and place value to 999 (Common Core 2.NBT.1)
- Introduce bundling tens into a “hundred” (Common Core 2.NBT.1a)
- Introduce writing numbers in Base Ten and Expanded Form (Common Core 2.NBT.3)
- Introduce adding within 1,000 using concrete models and strategies based on place value (Common Core 2.NBT.7)
- Introduce regrouping within 1,000 using strategies based on place value (Common Core 2.NBT.7)
Wow! That is a lot of Common Core Numbers and Operations in Base Ten standards covered! Don't worry. It is also really fun for your students.
The original graphics include snowballs (ones), SnowTENS (tens), and SnowTOWERS (hundreds).
I present the story on my projector/Smartboard as my students follow along with the student response pages.
This matches the 2nd Grade Common Core standards but it would also work well in a 1st Grade classroom that would like to work with place value up to 999. It is also a great review for 3rd grade.
I would love to know how this product works out for you so please leave some feedback after your download.
- Alyssha Swanson
Teaching and Tapas