This pack of activities and worksheets will make introducing halves to your little learners, engaging and practical. This is Pack 23 in our series of sequenced math activity packs!
This collection of 5 math games/centers will complement your math program and lessons. Perfect for the teacher who needs fun motivating resources that are easy to prepare.
PLEASE NOTE: The fraction symbol is not introduced in this pack.
This bundle will help students learning to:
- ￼￼identify part and whole
- visualize half of a shape
- place two halves together to make a whole
- draw a line to cut a shape in half
- identify pictures of whole objects and match it to a written description
- identify pictures of 'one half' objects and match it to a written description
- match two halves using dot pattern numbers as a guide
Each of the 5 small-group activities has:
- detailed instructions
- playing cards/boards/templates
- a worksheet (either a recording worksheet or a fun-follow-up)
- a cover page to help you organize your resources for future reference
The activities included in this bundle are:
Part and Whole
Students will identify parts of and whole shapes.
Students will visualize one half of a whole. Students will place two halves together to make a whole.
Students will draw a line on a picture object to divide in half.
Whole and Half
Students will identify pictures that show half and whole and match to written descriptions.
Students will match two halves by looking at dot pattern numbers.
These activities can be used in a structured game rotation program, as math centers or in guided math. Once taught, they also make fantastic 'fast-finisher' activities for revision of key concepts.
Find more titles in the MATH PACK series HERE
Click here to return to my store home page