Also included in
- Help your students build the place value skills necessary to be successful at rounding numbers. These mostly no prep scaffolded rounding activities start from very basic and become increasingly more difficult, making it easier for you to differentiate and meet each of your students' needs. These a$8.25$12.00Save $3.75
Use this mostly no prep resource to introduce rounding to the nearest 10 and the place value skills necessary for rounding to your 2nd and 3rd grade students. This resource includes a variety of activities that make it easy for you to differentiate instruction according to your students' needs.
These activities teach students to round using number lines and place value understanding rather than tricks.
Save over 30% when you buy this as part of my Rounding Bundle that also includes activities for rounding to the nearest 100.
The first half of this resource focuses on rounding to the nearest 10 with 2-digit numbers, while the second half focuses on rounding to the nearest 10 with 3-digit numbers. The activities are scaffolded, with each activity getting increasingly more difficult.
This rounding resource includes:
- 7 scaffolded activities to help students round to the nearest 10 with 2-digit numbers using number lines
- 1 whole class snowball fight rounding activity for 2-digit numbers
- 2 “Mystery Design” activities for 2-digit numbers - for independent practice or a no prep center
- 7 scaffolded activities to help students round to the nearest 10 with 3-digit numbers using number lines
- 1 whole class snowball fight rounding activity for 3-digit numbers
- 2 “Mystery Design” activities for 3-digit numbers - for independent practice or a no prep center
- answer keys
This resource is designed to make rounding fun and more understandable for 2nd and 3rd grade students. These activities start easy and get more difficult, making this rounding practice great for differentiation or for students that need intervention. The activities can also be used for rounding stations or centers for students that need a little extra review.
Some of the activities are cut and paste.
The preview shows everything included in this Rounding to the Nearest 10 resource.
You might also like:
Kalena Baker, Teaching Made Practical