A perfect way to introduce writing to your upper elementary students!
This is a COMPLETE unit that is designed to introduce (or review) the steps in the writing process, sentences, and paragraphs. The mini-lessons, accompanying interactive writer's notebook pages, and activities work together to help students jump back into writing at the beginning of the year. Students will learn the necessary parts of a paragraph (topic sentence, supporting details, and conclusion sentence) in an engaging way and will be able to write their own by the end of the unit!
Interactive writer's notebook pages are designed to fit in a basic 70 sheet spiral bound notebook. :)
This 39-page unit includes:
- 10 detailed mini-lesson plans
- interactive writer's notebook resource pages
- teacher "answer keys" for interactive writer's notebook pages
- 3 different cut-and-paste paragraph activities
- teacher answer keys for cut-and-paste paragraph activities
- graphic organizer for planning informational paragraph
- publishing/final copy page
- rubric for grading informational paragraph