This Introducing the Engineering Design Process Worksheet
was designed for middle school students learning about the Engineering Design Process for the first time. Key vocabulary includes engineers, brainstorming, constraints, troubleshooting, redesign, trade-offs, and patent. This double-sided worksheet features a helpful content summary at the top which students can refer back to while they’re working if they need help.
There are 6 modified true or false questions, 8 questions where students have match the step to the engineering design process, and 4 short answer questions where students have to apply what they know to some higher-order thinking questions. Give as classwork, assign as homework, or leave for a sub!
All of my worksheets include:
- Name, date, and section at the top.
- Margins that have been appropriately adjusted on the front and back pages to accommodate for hole punching and easy placement in a 3-ring binder.
- Fun and age-appropriate graphics and fonts for middle school students!
- A complete answer key!
If you like this product, you might also like my:
Technology and the Engineering Design Process PowerPoint with Student Notes
Technology and the Engineering Design Process Task Cards
Engineering Design Process Posters.
Or some of my other worksheets:
Introduction to Density Worksheet
Exploring Density Worksheet
Introduction to Balancing Chemical Equations Worksheet
Introduction to Significant Figures Worksheet
Introduction to Physical and Chemical Changes Worksheet
Matter Changing States Worksheet
©2016 Adventures in Science
* Permission to use for personal use only.
* Please purchase additional licenses if you wish to share with colleagues.
Graphics and fonts by:
Ink n Little Things
Ron Leishman Digital Toonage
Surfin' Through Second