Introduction to Algebra | Task Cards | Digital Escape Room
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Are you tired of searching for lessons and activities for each math unit in the Grade 6 New Ontario Math curriculum? This bundle has it all! Interactive lessons, hands-on digital and printable math centers, including 8 digital escape rooms, differentiated performance tasks AND pre and post assessmenPrice $150.59Original Price $228.17Save $77.58
interactive classroom escape room! Keep reading to find out more!
This interactive Google Slides™ lesson and differentiated activity set is just what you need for teaching your students to solve 1, 2, 3 (with algebra tiles) and multiple step Algebra equations with one variable. No prep digital lesson, no prep task cards (digital and printable) and no prep differentiated crack the code puzzles. Learn, practice and apply. This set has it all!
Does your curriculum require algebra with decimals as well? Check out this add on item or better yet, check out the money saving bundle that includes this introduction lesson and activity set AND algebra decimal activities.
Check out my entire collection of Grade 6 Lesson and Differentiated Activities Sets here.
In “present mode”, use the built in transitions to make learning easier through step by step instructions and interactive algebra tile demonstrations. Students will learn:
- Essential vocabulary: Equation, constant, variable, isolating the variable, opposite operation
- Skills for solving 1 step equations (e.g., a + 6 = 68 or 4a = 16)
- Building on these skills in order to solve 2 step equations (e.g., e + 3 = 7 - 3 or 5f = 28 - 3)
- Building on these skills in order to solve 3 step equations (3g - 3 = 22 + 2 or 6 x 3 = 5b + 3)
- Building on these skills in order to solve multi part equations (e.g., If 5 + a = 13 and 2b + 3a = 50, Solve for b)
- Steps for double checking your work
- Solving tips (makes a GREAT anchor chart for the the virtual or in-person classroom)
Includes 5 different levels!
- 1 step
- 2 step
- 3 step
- More complex 3 step
- Multiple part equations
Each level allows students to practice one concept at a time, while checking their work with the provided answers. Perfect for at home learning or as a math center.
Make Algebra fun, by adding in an escape room into your mix of activities. Your students will love using this interactive Google Slides deck to find clues within the “classroom” to unlock Algebra equations.
Included in this file:
- Teacher instructions for sending your students this resource and for inserting your own digital avatar (if you wish)
- Google Slides Digital Interactive Classroom which includes 51 slides (title page, student friendly instructions, 8 classroom clue slides with links to the 8 “you’ve got it” slides with answers to insert into the Google Slides lock and 8 “try again” slides, with internal links to bring students back to the clue they are working on. 1 “congrats” slide to celebrate the escape and 24 slides to make the answers less visible)
- Google Form file with 18 sections (title page, 8 classroom clue locks given in slides, 8 Algebra equations to solve, “congrats” section)
- Fun end of unit activity
- Formative assessment
- Math centers
- End of the year review
- Test prep
- Distance learning activities
- Asynchronous learning activities (for snow days, supply days, planning times, etc.)
- Enrichment activity
- and more!
Crack the code puzzles: 3 different levels!
Students will self assess and then apply their understanding to a crack the code puzzle using their new skills. Great math center or assessment activity.
- I am still learning but I will give it a try level: 1 and 2 step equations
- I’ve got this level: 2 and 3 step equations
- I am here for a challenge: 2, 3 and multiple part equations
PLUS: A FREE Jamboard to be used for check-in or summative assessment.
Algebra is a tricky concept. This interactive lesson with multiple step by step sample questions, practice task cards and differentiated puzzles, is just what your students need.
Check out this sample of my "Learn, Practice, Self Assess and Apply" math sets. Pick up your FREE Rounding Decimals lesson and differentiated activity set here.
Check out the detailed preview! Please let me know if you have any questions.
Are you looking for other Grade 6 Algebra Unit activities? Check out this bundle which includes:
- Algebra Lesson and Activities Set
- Algebra with Decimals Add on Item
- Solving Inequalities Lesson and Activities Set
- Adding Monomials to the Degree of 1
This lesson and differentiated activities set is included in a GIANT Growing, time and money saving bundle (30% off PLUS so many FREE products to come). So many great sets to cover your math curriculum including:
- Algebra Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Order of Operations Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Prime and Composite Numbers and Escape Room Bundle
- Ordering and Comparing Integers and Escape Room Bundle
- Patterning with Function Rules and Escape Room Bundle
- Whole numbers with Place Value and Escape Room Bundle
- Transformations on a Cartesian Plane Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Converting Fractions Decimals and Percent's Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Adding & Subtracting Fractions by Fractions by Unlike Denominators and Multiplying & Dividing Fractions by Whole #’s Lesson and Activity Set
- Graphing Lessons, Activities and Project, including Misleading Graphs
- Social Emotional Learning in Math
And more! Save yourself so much time and money! Check it out here!
Did you know that leaving feedback gives you points towards FREE TpT products? Free products for you, feedback for me...it's a win win!
Please let me know if you have any questions and don't forget to follow me to be notified when more products like these become available! You can also check out my other digital products in my TpT store!
Thank you for your time,
Stacey - 1 Passionate Teacher