Do you need an overview of argumentation for your AP English Language and Composition class? This Prezi, guided notes and optional assignment will help you to introduce all aspects of argumentation to your students.
The 88-slide Prezi lecture includes the following:
• Differences and definitions of argument vs. persuasion
• Three types of arguments – fact, judgment, and policy
• Types of arguments that appear on the AP Exam: claim-based, claim-analysis and hybrid
• Real life example involving buying a vehicle (backstory included)
• Three structures of arguments – Classical, Toulmin and Rogerian
• Methods of argumentation
• Arrangement of ideas
The product also contains a Student Guided Notes Handout to complete with the Prezi, teacher answer key and an optional close reading assignment with the piece "How to Know if You're Dead" by Mary Roach (text not included but can be found in many AP resources and online).
The Prezi also contains a real-life argument vs. persuasion situation with a car purchase.
Hope this helps make your introduction to argument a little bit easier!