Introduction to Art Curriculum for Middle School Art or High School Art
Also included in
- Do you need an art curriculum for high school art? Get everything you need to teach every single day of the year in 5 different visual art courses with this comprehensive BUNDLE. That’s 4 years of art projects for high school students where you do not need to play even a single day! With over 2500Price $297.00Original Price $513.00Save $216.00
- Get everything you need to teach every single day of the year in 6 different middle or high school visual art courses over 4 years. This visual art curriculum is 2D focused, with some sculpture included in the Intro to Art curriculum, It includes yearlong curriculums for Introduction to Art and AdvaPrice $325.00Original Price $487.00Save $162.00
Do you need meaningful middle school art or high school art curriculums? This art curriculum bundle pack includes lessons, worksheets, projects, and a lot more to fill every single day of a school year (can also be trimmed down to a semester-long course). All you need are the art-making supplies and you are set for the year!
I have taught high school Introduction to Art since I started teaching art. I have tweaked things over the years, and every now and then I switch things out. This is a compilation of my favorite projects, my go-to's, everything you need to fill up every single day of a year-long or semester-long class. In addition to short activities and worksheets, this includes 14 take-home quality projects.
This introduction to art pack includes:
- Year Long timeline
- Semester-long timeline
- First day items: syllabus bathroom passes, tell me about you sheet, art survey, letter to parents, artist to know table, and behavior contract
- Art notebook set up: Table of contents and worksheets
- 21 lesson plans: includes big idea, essential questions, goals, objectives, supplies, vocabulary, step-by-step instructions, national standards
- 17 rubrics
- 6 critique worksheets
- 20 PowerPoints
- 42 worksheets: Includes elements of art, principles of design, visual journal, drawing, color theory, perspective, contour line, and many more.
- 20 printable posters to decorate your classroom.
❤️In addition to all the content between the 20 lessons every proficient level national standard is covered as well as 6 accomplished level and 1 advanced level national standards.
Read more details on the middle school & high school art lessons included below:
- 5 contour line exercises
- 2 day contour line project
- 1 week contour line project
- 3 shading exercises
- 2 line quality exercises
- 1 scratchboard project
- 1 mixed media drawing project
- 2 grid drawing exercises
- 1 drawing with the grid portrait project
- 1 perspective exercise
- 1 perspective project
➢3 color theory exercises
➢1 color matching project
✅Mixed Media Unit
- 1 artist trading card project
- 1 artist inspiration project
- 1 design your own project
- Visual journal project
This curriculum is perfect for middle school art or high school art students. I hope this Intro to Art unit will engage your students as much as they engage mine.
My Introduction to Art curriculum is the foundation for all my other art courses. Each of my classes builds on the last. Build on the Intro curriculum with my semester-long drawing course curriculum here.
Check out the preview for a closer look at what is included!
What teachers are saying…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This is the complete package, perfect to inject my art lessons with real learning…This solved all my problems. I love the simple worksheets about each element that really allow me to see what my students have learned and the lessons are engaging and fun for the kids while teaching them valuable artistic skills!” - Shelby S.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Absolutely WONDERFUL resource. I have yet to be disappointed by anything from this seller. All incredible!! This is exactly what I needed in order to start planning for teaching middle school art next year. Thanks a million!!” - Cassandra B.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This is a great resource. It was so worth the money! It is so nice to have a lesson or worksheet already prepped for you.” - Amy W.
****This curriculum is so comprehensive it's too large to upload to the TPT website. After purchase, you will download a PDF with a link for Google Drive access. Download it to your computer or move to your Google Drive easily.
Only looking for an Introduction to Painting? Purchase these lessons for a lower price in my Intro to Painting semester-long curriculum.
Only looking for an Introduction to Drawing? Purchase these lessons for a lower price in my Intro to Drawing semester curriculum.
Build on this introduction to art course with these amazing products!