This PowerPoint presentation has over 50 slides, 3 versions of differentiated notes, and links to 3 videos
for the flipped classroom are included in this product. Whether you’re an experienced flipper or just curious about flipping your classroom, this product gives you the key ingredients you need to take your flip to the next level. The videos can also be used for make-up work when students miss a lecture, as part of a sub plan, or as remediation or enrichment assignments.
I designed this presentation to be used as the first chapter of a general high school Biology class. I priced it at $1
so you can get an idea of what my products are like and decide if you want to purchase more or perhaps invest in my PowerPoint Bundle
. The presentation is comprehensive enough to be used in place of a textbook if necessary, but since it’s EDITABLE, you can customize it to complement any text or other materials you are using by adding, removing, or rearranging slides. Students will enjoy this visual approach to learning and teachers will enjoy saving planning time!
This download includes 8 files:
2. Introduction to Biology PowerPoint that includes over 50 slides with stunning photographs and easy to follow diagrams. Students will not be overwhelmed with wordy slides and you will be able to check for understanding with the "Turtle Time" slides embedded throughout the presentation that quiz students on what they have just learned. Additional notes explaining diagrams, concepts, background information, and instructional suggestions are included and can be printed separately or viewed in PowerPoint’s “Notes Page” view or “Presenter View” mode.
Notes: THREE versions of editable student and teacher notes so you can easily differentiate to meet the needs of your students.
3. Version A notes are set up so that the numbered notes correspond with the slides of the PowerPoint. This makes it easier for students to stay on pace with the lecture.
4. Version A Answer Key for Teachers
5. Version B notes are designed in a more traditional style; students will use information presented in the PowerPoint to fill in appropriate information.
6. Version B Answer Key for Teachers
7. Version C notes are fill-in-the-blank style notes that are coordinated with the PowerPoint, but could also be used for students who are absent during the presentation since it could be completed with a textbook or online resources. This version can work well as a quiz or worksheet.
8. Version C Answer Key for Teachers
Videos for the Flipped Classroom
are Available on a Private You Tube Channel
Video 1: Introduction to Biology, Part 1 (4:44)
Video 2: Introduction to Biology, Part 2 (6:42)
Video 3: Introduction to Biology, Part 3 (4:12)
to watch a fun trailer that highlights the narrated PowerPoint Videos.
Copyright Science Island
Sharing video links with anyone other than your students is a violation of copyright laws.
You might also like:
PowerPoint Bundle for Biology
Properties of Water Lab
Introduction to Biology Review Qubes
Want to learn more about FLIPPED CLASSROOMS? This Quick Start Guide
will get you well on your way to a Fearless Flip!
I. Studying Life
II. Levels of Organization
III. What is Science?
IV. Tools and Procedures
Vocabulary and topics covered in this presentation include:
• scientific inquiry
• organ system
• scientific method
• controlled experiment
• independent variable
• dependent variable
• metric system
• light microscope
• electron microscopes
• cell culture
• cell fractionation
Some of my other products related to Introduction to Biology:
Introduction to Biology Task Cards
Introduction to Biology Chapter Resources
Chemistry of Life PowerPoint and Notes
Molecules of Life PowerPoint and Notes
Look for the green star
next to the Science Island store logo and click it to become a follower
. Aloha and Welcome to the Island!