This is a complete unit packet for an Introduction to Biology Unit. The packet includes:
1) A unit plan outlining unit objectives, essential questions, activities and lessons, and assessments. The unit plan gives detailed descriptions of each activity, lesson, and assessment that will be performed during the unit.
2) Biology Root Words activity and answer key. An activity that has students look up the definition of different root words commonly found in biology and other science courses.
3) Is It Living? Lab: An activity where students will examine different objects and decide if it is or is not living. They will have to explain their reasoning for each object and come up with general “rules” that classify something as living or not-living.
4) Scientific Method Bouncy Ball Lab: This lab is a fun way to teach or review the scientific method. Students compete to make the highest bouncing bouncy ball while staying under budget and finishing in time. (For a better description of the Scientific Method Bouncy Ball Lab, visit http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Bouncy-Ball-Scientific-Method-Lab-556476)
5) Introduction to Biology Unit Test and Answer Key
6) A list of other assessment ideas.