This bundle is jam-packed with 40 engaging activities and projects! This resource is designed to supplement your Introduction to Business and Marketing course. Included in this resource you will find 6 units + 1 bonus unit, 50 quick writes, and bellringers for the semester.
6 Key units included in this resource:
Each "unit" is sold as a bundle in the Business Girl store. Each item in the bundles are also sold individually. This resource is designed to supplement course content. Please note that this bundle IS activities and projects and NOT Microsoft PowerPoints or tests. Save over 20% by purchasing these products as a bundle! If you don't have a need for a full course of content, pick and choose your favorites by clicking the hyperlinks below.
***If you have previously purchased products from the Business Girl store please carefully review what is included. You may not want to purchase this bundle if you have already purchased content from the Business Girl store to avoid purchasing duplicate products.
Bellringers: Start each class with a bellringer to spur classroom discussions.This product contains instructions/expectations, a bellringer form, and 64 Introduction to Business and Marketing bellringer questions and sample responses. Topics include: business concepts and operations, marketing, finance, social responsibility/ethics, and employability skills/career exploration. Bellringers are the perfect tool for students to reflect on their learning. They also give teachers the much needed time to take attendance, work out test make-ups, give instructions for missed work, and distribute materials for the class period.
Question break down:
21 Business Concepts and Operations (economics, business ownership, entrepreneurship, etc.)
2 Social Responsibility and Ethics
24 Marketing (marketing mix, functions, social media, sales, advertising, etc.)
8 Financial (financial plan, budget, expenses, financial statements, etc.)
9 Employability Skills and Career Exploration
I have students complete the bellringer form by writing the question exactly as it appears on the board, then coming up with their own response. After students have had time to complete the question, we discuss the answer as a class. Students then have the opportunity to correct their answers as needed.
Bellringers are in an editable PowerPoint and the bellringer form is a PDF. Questions are written with complete sentences. Answers are not written in complete sentences. I love using bellringers because it provides structure to each class period. It also gives me time to take attendance and speak to students on an individual basis.
50 Introduction to Business and Marketing Quick Writes: Looking for a way to integrate writing into your business curriculum? Try adding 5-10 minute quick writes! This product contains 50 open-ended writing prompts for various business concepts including: economics, ethics and social responsibility, business concepts and operations, entrepreneurship and leadership, marketing and advertising, communication and culture, finance and accounting, and careers. These writing prompts will help students apply course concepts, reflect on their learning, and develop writing fluency. You can also use this tool to assess student learning. Quick writes can easily be integrated into the start, middle, or end of your lesson. You can use quick writes as exit tickets or to start a discussion on a particular topic with students sharing out what they've written.
This product includes:
Writing Prompts by Unit (PDF)
8 Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations with Writing Prompts by Unit
Writing Prompts by Unit:
4 Ethics and Social Responsibility
4 Business Concepts and Operations
8 Entrepreneurship and Leadership
9 Marketing and Advertising
4 Communication and Culture
8 Finance and Accounting
PowerPoint slides are designed with a watercolor heading and the text is EDITABLE.
Activities and Projects Included--
Introduction to Economics Bundle:
1. Factors of Productions Graphic Organizer
2. Country Research Project
3. Economic System Gallery Walk
Forms of Business Ownership Bundle:
1. Categorizing Forms of Business Ownership Graphic Organizer
2. Forms of Business Ownership Gallery Walk
3. Online Store Partnership Agreement
4. Corporation Guided Research Project and Presentation
1. Marketing Mix (The 4 P's) Practice Problems for a Computer and Candy Business
2. Functions of Marketing (Sports Drink + Shoe Business Scenarios)
3. 10 Marketing (4 P's and Functions) Application Questions
4. Investigating a New Product Launch Using the Marketing Mix
5. Importance of Marketing Writing Prompt
6. Focus Group Simulation
7. Digital Marketing Guided Research (Web Quest) Questions
8. Digital Marketing Sports Team Extension Case Study
9. Board Race Marketing Review Game
1. Create an Ad Using Ad Techniques
2. Types of Advertisements (Activity & Formative Assessment)
3. Advantages and Disadvantages of Advertisement Mediums
4. Advertising Unit Gallery Walk
5. Evaluating Advertisements Group Project
6. Advertising Unit Study Guide, Review Game, and Test
1. Categorizing Financial Claims: Introduction to the Account Equation (Graphic Organizer)
2. Financial Statement Accounting Activity
3. Balance Sheet Pet Store Scenarios
4. Income Statement T-Shirt Business Scenarios
5. Financial Statements QR Code Scavenger Hunt
6. 12 Intro to Accounting Application Questions
1. Business Career Cluster Research Project
2. Job Market Search Activity (Worksheet with Reflection Questions)
3. Career Plan Project
4. Workplace Success (Employability) Skills PowerPoint and Blog Article Project
5. Business Careers QR Code Scavenger Hunt
1. Business Ethics Chat Stations
2. Social Responsibility Research Project
3. International Business Communication and Customs Research Project
4. Multi-Unit High School Business Simulation (Marketing, Finance, and Principles of Business)
5. Business Technology Research Project
6. Club Budget Activity (Scenario + Budget Template + Key)
7. Cupcake Business Invoice and Purchase Order Practice Problem for Modeling
Thanks for checking out this course supplement! You may also like the Food Truck Semester Business Simulation
that aligns with content from this bundle. Please see the FREE Introduction to Business and Marketing Pacing Guide
for approximate days spent on each unit and the order lessons are taught.