This Promethean ActivInspire Flipchart presentation introduces students to the cell and explores the organelles.
- This presentation introduces students to cells and then focuses on the following organelles: cell membrane, cell wall, nucleus, mitochondria, vacuoles, cytoplasm, golgi bodies, endoplasmic reticulum, ribosomes, and lysosomes. The following terms are also introduced with the appropriate organelle: DNA, cellulose, reactants and products in reactions, and proteins, The following topics/processes are also surveyed: diffusion and osmosis and a brief intro to chemical reactions that occur in cells (respiration and photosynthesis).
- There are a total of 131-slides. Slides contain information for guided notes with images, relevant videos, links to BrainPOP videos, links to online interactives and models, and several review questions throughout for checking understanding.
- I think this is best taught over the course of three or more days.
- There's also a guided notes sheet available that accompanies this slideshow in my store.
- This was designed for 7th grade, but I think it can appropriately be used in 4th through 10th depending on your standards.
- Please note: This is NOT a PowerPoint, but if you prefer, I also have this in PowerPoint version in my store. You can also download a free, 30-day trial for ActivInspire if you're interested.
I hope you find this helpful, and that it saves you time as you prepare to teach these concepts.