This is an engaging, fully editable powerpoint presentation for introducing (or reviewing) Dystopian Fiction to your students! Powerpoint presentation goes through an entire lesson from warm-up to explanation, application, and summarizer. NO PREPARATION NEEDED!
- Warm-Up journal entry prompt
- Utopia/Dystopia definitions
- Elements of dystopian literature
- Examples of dystopian novels/movies
- 3-2-1 Exit Ticket
- 2 Pages of differentiated "Guided Notes" to help students with note-taking skills
Since dystopias are intrinsically motivating for students, this lesson is always a fun one an gets students excited about the upcoming unit on whatever dystopian novel you'll be reading!
You might also be interested in these great products for Divergent created by Language Arts Excellence:
Faction Acrostic Poem Assignment
Divergent Final Project: The Long Lost Sixth Faction
Symbolism of Tattoos in Divergent Lesson Plan
Divergent Worksheet Bundle
Characters of Divergent Word Search