My 7th graders are far more successful when they can see and do, rather than just read about. In that spirit, I created these country Power Point presentations. Typically, the students read and research one day, view a Power Point the next, and complete and exercise, game or activity on the third day.
This Power Point is an introductory one, meaning that the students have not yet read about the region. There are almost two dozen slides, broken into five categories. I usually show and discuss this presentation over the course of two days.
"East Asia" highlights:
1. Region (Physical Geography, Climate, Ecosystems, People and Economics)
2. Climate (Effects of Climate on Vegetation, Effects of Climate on People)
3. Landforms (Rivers, Plains, Mountains, Desert)
4. Natural Resources and Land Use
5. People (China, the Koreas, Japan)
and Works Cited
There is also a Free Graphic Organizer to accompany this Presentation, which you can find in my TpT store.