Products in this Bundle (12)
showing 1-5 of 12 products
Also included in
- All of my ecology and environmental science resources (6 ecology unit bundles) are included in this one Super-Mega-Bundle! This mega-bundle includes all of the PowerPoints, notes, labs, task cards, homework assignments, review games, quizzes, activities, and unit tests that you need to teach a comp$175.00$244.87Save $69.87
This "Introduction to Ecology Complete Unit Plan Bundle" Includes everything you need to teach an introductory unit on ecology to your life science or biology students. The bundle contains an 80-slide PowerPoint presentation with notes, labs, task cards, homework, quizzes, test prep review questions, crossword, practice problem worksheet on habitats and niches, ecology web quest, and unit test.
From the engaging PowerPoint to the final unit test, this bundle contains loads of NO PREP materials that are ready to be used with your students. Many of the resources in this bundle are available in paperless digital formats for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar.
What is included in this bundle? ( Items marked with ** have both printable and digital versions.)
A Teacher Guide containing tips for implementing the resources, suggestions for sequencing, and alignment to NGSS standards is also included.
For Even Greater Savings: This complete unit bundle is included in the following money-saving bundles.
Click the links below to view these bundles.
All answers are included.
Topics covered in this Bundle:
- What is ecology?
- The Role of Climate: What is the difference between weather and climate? What factors affect climate?
- The State of Today's Environment: The exploding human population, the sixth mass extinction, the damage to the ozone layer, and climate changes.
- The greenhouse effect, greenhouse gases, human activities that contribute to the greenhouse effect.
- The Effect of Latitude on Climate: Polar zones, temperate zones, and tropical zones.
- Heat Transfer in the Biosphere: Winds, currents.
- Levels of Ecological Organization: Biosphere, ecosystems, communities, populations, and organisms. Definitions and examples are given for each.
- The living and the nonliving components of an ecosystem.
- The theme of interconnectedness and interdependence in ecology.
- Biotic and abiotic factors
- Living in a changing environment, tolerance, tolerance curves, acclimation and adaptation.
- Responding to environmental change: Conformers and regulators.
- Habitat -vs- Niche: Definitions, examples, generalists and specialists.
- Producers and consumers: Autotrophs, photoautotrophs, chemoautotrophs, heterotrophs, herbivores, carnivores, omnivores, detritivores, and decomposers.
- Feeding relationships: The flow of energy through the ecosystem, food chains, food webs, and trophic levels.
The PowerPoint consists of 80 slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your instruction to your students. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher and a set of notes for the student. The students get an outline of the notes that they fill in as the PowerPoint lesson is being presented.
This teaching bundle is appropriate for all biology students in grades 7 - 12.
Related Products Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: