Not sure how to introduce exponential functions?
Need to provide a review for students who are struggling to understand the topic?
Think about starting with Introduction to Exponential Functions Gallery Walk
Use these notes and the practice worksheet (18 problems) as a follow up, or make your own plan!
This lesson focuses on learning about simple exponential functions of the form y = ab^x.
- identify the parts of an exponential function (y-intercept, factor of increase).
- determine whether data in a table is linear or exponential.
- evaluate a function given a value of x.
- recognize whether a graph will open up or down.
- graph an exponential function.
- identify the domain and range of a graph.
- write an equation by analyzing a data table.
- use an exponential function to solve a word problem.
Answer keys are included.