This PowerPoint introduces students to the concept of exponents. The PowerPoint is designed for whole classroom instruction while the pages may be individually printed as worksheets. The PowerPoint includes an answer key and video solutions.
• Write numbers using exponents.
• Calculate the value of numerical expressions with exponents.
• Memorize the square numbers to 625.
• What are exponents?
• An exponent is mathematical shorthand for multiplication or division
• CCSS.Math.Content.8.EE.A.1 Know and apply the properties of integer exponents to generate equivalent numerical expressions. For example, 3² × 3⁻⁵ = 3⁻³ = (1/3)³ = 1/27.