This robust "how-to" guide provides a well-structured introduction to one of the fundamental practices in all art history and studio art courses: formal analysis.
This 32-slide PowerPoint includes:
- Description of formal analysis
- List of the elements of art
- Scaffolding questions to ask when analyzing various types of art (e.g. paintings, sculpture, architecture, etc.)
- Outline of and recommendations for an effective formal analysis response
- Practice activity, including an array of works spanning a variety of eras and media.
Enjoy this exceedingly useful item!