For beginner or early level French students, here is a solid introduction to the two most-used French verbs (‘to be’ and ‘to have’) as well as to the ‘first group’ of French verbs. Noisette the cat narrates a simple text and workbook (fully black and white) in which the student learns about French verbs in short sections. Each section has a corresponding ‘Practise Sheet’ to reinforce and review the material (23 in total). Upon completion of this book, the student will have a thorough knowledge of ‘être’ ‘avoir’ and the er-verbs in the present tense. A full answer key is included.
General topics include:
- How to conjugate a verb
- Matching verbs and subjects
- Using masculine and feminine pronouns and nouns and matching them to the verb
- Using the correct form of ‘you’
- Simple sentences
- Why er-verbs belong to the ‘first group’
- Common technical terms such as first person plural, infinitive, root etc.
- How to conjugate any verb from the first group
This book is the logical next step after completing ‘Beginner’s French with Noisette the Cat’.