Students will be introduced to the topics of genetics using items you can find during the fall of the year. Students will read the introductory material and determine new vocabulary words. Students will also participate in several labs using the information they learned during the lesson and applying it to real life situations.
3 (45 minute classes)
1 ( 90 minute class)
The instruction can be modified to fit your own classroom needs.
1. Determine the need for genetics in our society
2. List and explain the key terms when discussing genetics
3. Compare Phenotype and Genotype
4. Define Common Terms used in genetics
5. Describe the interrelationship between genetics and the environment.
6. Demonstrate the use of a punnet square