Students are introduced to the Industrial Revolution by...
1) Using context clues to determine the meanings of invent and innovate.
2) Answering the unit's essential question so that we can see how their answers change as we progress through the unit.
3) Watch a short video clip that briefly introduces the Industrial Revolution.
4) Scholars record how their viewpoint of the essential question has changed based on the video clip.
5) Answer turn and talk questions that relate to each topic/section of the unit.
6) Analyze and rate the importance of 5 quotes - which were said by important figures that we will look at throughout the unit.
7) Choose one quote they feel is most powerful, explain why it is important to them and how it relates to the Industrial Revolution.