Introduce students to inflectional endings -S, -ES, -ED, and -ING with these digital phonics activities!
This resource is also a part of the complete first grade digital phonics bundle.
These activities will help you…
- Save tons of prep time (the games are all ready to play, no prep required!)
- Quickly and easily differentiate word work by assigning different decks to different students
- Get students EXCITED about practicing words and phonics patterns
- Hold students accountable for their independent word work activities
- Provide students with immediate feedback (no grading involved!)
- Stop worrying about students forgetting directions or not being able to identify pictures - audio directions and support are included!
The games were created on the Boom Learning℠ platform. They’re easy for young students to use and very versatile - they can be played on any tablet, computer, Chromebook, or laptop!
You do NOT have to download any apps in order to use these materials. If you would like to use an app, however, they are available for free for Apple, Google, and Kindle devices.
The bundle includes the following individual games/decks:
Activities include: identifying words with a specific inflectional ending, matching words to pictures, choosing the correct word ending, making words, re-ordering words in mixed-up sentences, and more! Audio support and directions are provided for every task.
These materials are ideal for late first grade (or even second grade). Students do not learn the “e drop” or “double the final consonant” rules for adding inflectional endings -ed or -ing.
What do I need in order to use Boom?
You will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A Boom Learning account (FREE!)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the games
How do I download or access these materials?
When you purchase this resource, you’ll receive a PDF download. Inside the PDF you will find directions and a link to click.
You’ll click the link(s) to add each deck to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
How many devices can I use these games with?
As many as you like! One license allows you (one teacher) to use the games with all of your students. You can even assign them as homework if you like.
Want to try out some Boom cards before you purchase?
Click HERE to download a deck for free! You can also find complete previews of several decks by clicking the PREVIEW button at the top of this page.
The fine print:
You are buying Boom Cards: cloud-based digital resources. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (released in the last three years). Free player apps are also available. Not sure if your browser is modern enough? Try free Boom Cards deck first.
To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account (just like you have to have a Google account to use Google resources). Click the links inside the product .pdf to redeem your Boom Cards and create an account (or add to your account if you already have one). Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to 5 DIY decks. Free accounts include the ability to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play pin option available in the Library.