Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
1These high school biology homework pages are full of pictures, diagrams, and deeper questions covering the characteristics of life, the domains of life, the scientific method, units of measurement, and experiment design.
Check out the preview for a lot more details, pictures, and a list of learning goals! These are non-editable PDFs.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why should you purchase this bundle?
- This unique homework sheet unit (as part of my whole year bundle) will help you teach a cohesive and consistent program all year.
- These homework pages were carefully designed with a wealth of images! I have created many of the images myself and other images are licensed from professional designers. These homework pages are not plain worksheets with text questions that can be easily copied from a textbook. Each page is meant to help students to learn biology in a very visual way. Students circle, color, and analyze pictures and diagrams in ways that are far superior to plain text textbook questions.
2. What does this bundle contain?
Please see the preview for a detailed list of learning goals for the unit and a list of the particular pages. You can also purchase each page separately using the links below.
3. How many pages does this unit contain?
This unit contains 9 homework pages.
4. What will the format of each page be?
Each page will be unique. Each is designed to roughly cover the material that I would teach in an hour long class period. These are terrific for daily homework assignments because they don’t take too long to complete.
These pages have been carefully designed in Illustrator. I have created a unique set of questions to help students to review material taught in class and think deeper about the material. Many of the pages ask students to highlight or color something, to identify items in a diagram, to match related concepts, or interact with a topic in a new way. Many of the pages ask students to connect more than one concept; they are intended to help students see the bigger picture in each unit. A few pages ask students to use the internet to do a little research.
If you own any of my other resources, don’t worry about repeat pages. These homework pages are truly unique and separate from my activities. These homework pages will truly complement any activities or resources you already have or use in your class.
5. How do I handle homework?
First of all, I don’t grade it. I learned in my early teaching years that when I grade homework, I am rewarding students who copied off of their one studious friend the period before my class, and I am penalizing students who have limited educational time outside of school. I often give time at the end of the period to work on “homework” pages. Often, I start off the next day’s class with the answer key projected onto some sort of screen (ELMO or projector) so that students can check their answers as they walk in. My students know that they will do better in my class if they do the homework and I care about effort more than being correct.
6. What if you want to grade homework? Are answer keys included? Are they easy to grade?
Answer keys are included (for almost all of the pages, where it makes sense to have an answer key). I designed these pages to be pretty simple to grade, if you want to do that.
7. Why is each homework page only one page?
In my time as a teacher, I have noticed that for some reason, homework assignments that have more than one side of a page are just neglected by students. If I hand out a one sided homework page and tell them, here’s your homework, they say, yay, it’s just 1 page! They will often at least start it if not finish it before the end of the day. I really think there is a psychological barrier to starting an assignment with two sides. Call me crazy, but test it out! Try giving my homework assignments and watch your class actually do their homework!
A way to save paper would be to print all of the homework assignments and copy them as a packet. This is great to give students all at once in the beginning of the unit, so they have every page in advance, which works great if they’re absent!
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us on the question and answer section of my store and we will get back to you quickly!
Purchasing my teaching resources allows you to:
* make copies for your .
* place this file on your (Blackboard, Google Drive, etc) AS LONG AS no other teacher has access to that class webpage. This resource is for you, the purchaser, alone.
You are not allowed to distribute this digital resource to other teachers or post this resource on any webpage or server that is available for public view. If you and a team of teachers would like to use this resource together, please purchase additional licenses on the resource purchase page.
Files are partially or fully non-editable to protect the images that are copyrighted and purchased through licenses. Thanks for understanding!
© Bethany Lau
All Rights Reserved.