This item is a google doc presentation that introduces literary nonfiction to students. It includes:
1. Types of literary nonfiction
2. Main Idea
2. Identifying main idea
3. Supporting details
4. Identifying supporting details that support main idea
5. Determining what kind of supporting details are used to support nonfiction
6. Text organizational patterns (nonfiction text structures)
7. Author's purpose
8. Identifying author's purpose
9. Point of view
10. Clues to identifying point of view in nonfiction
11. Model text where the teacher helps the students work through finding the main idea, locating the supporting details, identifying what kind of supporting details were used to support the main idea, identifying what kind of organizational pattern was used to organize the text, determining author's purpose, looking at the clues to identify point of view in nonfiction.
Please email me if you want the presentation shared with you via google doc!