This is a ppt. to introduce the role numbers play in our every day lives. Your students will answer the questions:
1. How old are you?
2. How many brothers and sisters do you have?
3. How long does it take to brush your teeth?
4. How tall are you?
5. How far away do you live from school?
6. How much did your shoes cost?
While the questions seemingly have nothing in common, students will find out that each of their responses was written in the form of a number. Then they'll find out that in their MATH class they will:
1. measure time in days, weeks, months, and years
2. count objects of all kinds
3. measure time in seconds, minutes, and hours
4. measure length in inches, feet, and yards
5. measure distance in miles
6. measure amounts of money in dollars and cents
A quick MATH lesson to make your first day of school fun as well as meaningful!
**You may also like:
Division with Remainders Bingo
Place Value Bingo
Division with Remainders BUNDLE
Area and Perimeter Bingo
Place Value Task Cards
Multiplication Task Cards
Place Value Worksheets w/ Riddles Grades 3-5
Bingo BUNDLE - 12 Great Games at a Disounted Price!
TASK CARD BUNDLE
How to find out when I've added a new product (free or paid) to my store:
• Look for the green star at the top and to the right on this page and click it to become a follower. The star is next to my store name: Joyful Projections. When I add a new product, you will receive an e-mail with a link to its description. If you choose not to receive e-mails, simply go to My TpT and click on My Favorite Sellers. This is a list of the sellers you are following. You can turn off notification (from green to red).
How to earn TPT credit toward future purchases:
• Please go to My TpT and click on My Purchases (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can rate and comment on the product.
How to make sure more teachers know about this great resource:
• Pin it! Start a board on Pinterest and pin this product by clicking the Pin It button on the top left of your screen.